Writing is not only an art it is real effort. Effort that many people don’t take notice of as quickly as a trailer or video or picture but it quite isn’t that bad. After being a writer for the past 4 years, I realised a few things about society and the way the world functions and you being my reader might just agree.
Here are 6 observations on writing for the writer & the written work
1) When you write something, whatever it may be – formal, informal or even a casual text, if you’re not happy with the work, the reader won’t be happy with it either.
Somehow our brains know what people like to read because it is actually us seeing what we want to read. Writers put themselves in the readers shoes and a really good writer always puts him/herself in his/her shoes as a reader. Being a lazy writer won’t get you credit but if you put in hard work and ACTUALLY be satisfied with your work, you’ll get appreciation!
2) Sad, current issues etc like serious works always win competitions but a good comedy story or a piece of fiction captures the heart of everyone!
I have always observed this. Whenever I write something happy I never win, whenever I write something serious I definitely get myself a second place in competitions. Emotions works well with the older people but light-hearted work gives a break to the youth. P.S 50 Shades of Grey sold more copies than Harry Potter series.
3) Understand your audience
Every teen goes through similar situations such as depression, first love, enemies etc. Write targeted work to a particular age group with a particular topic and you’ll do fine. Sell a JD Salinger like books to a child and you’ll lose his/her vote on your work.
4) Verify your work. Verified work gains the trust of their readers and boy oh boy, you need trust.
When your readers trust you, you know they will very passionately follow you. Lose that trust and its over. No one likes fake content!
5) Don’t be afraid to try something new, it works better. Twilight did well, the rest of the vampire stories that followed after were just considered copies.
Don’t write something that is trending now. START A NEW TREND. Creative people mostly consist of writers. Use that mind, trust me you’ll go a far way!
6) Always appreciate supporters. Don’t suck up to them!
No one likes sucker uppers 😉 Stay original and always trust in your readers *It works both ways you know!*
If you have any comments or questions on writing or any topics like love, lust, friendship etc you’d like me to cover don’t be afraid to ask!
Until the next blog!